Wednesday

Consider thy Blessings

My mom had major surgery today (maybe not in the technical terminology sense, but it was pretty major to all of us) and it went off without a hitch. We are blessed. We are planning some nice surprises for her return - friends moved a comfy recliner in for her tonight (unfortunately they also let in a ton of mosquitoes, which I will now have to hunt down and kill because Mom can't get bug bites right now) and we're plotting to get her some fun DVDs for her recuperation time. Thanks to everyone who has kept us in their thoughts and prayers.
In other news, I am exhausted.


Off to fight the vampires,
Guin

3 comments:

Sunny said...

SOO glad everything went well Gillie! Now to the work of healing! I'm sure you are such a blessing to your mom right now! We keep you in our prayers.

Thistlerose said...

i'm glad it went well, too. how's the recliner? cushy enough, i hope.
--mightybob

the mighty guin said...

Pretty dang cushy, thankee! It's been family tested and neighbor approved. :)