I figure I've been derelict in my responsibility to my reading public (all three to five of them) and y'all were due an update of sorts:
Reading:
Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Home and Bolt the Door by Lynne Truss (of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves fame, Kate)
Brian's Winter by Gary Paulsen (from the Hatchet series - excellent survivalist stories)
Finished:
The entire Little House series (nine books total, though there's something later written by Rose Wilder Lane, Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter - I think)
The Island, also by Gary Paulsen
Squashed and Rules of the Road, both by the lovely Joan Bauer
Crafting:
Yep, that quilt is still unfinished. Hopefully I can get around to finishing it soon.
Some embroidery (a project from one of my old classes) and some other stuff (mostly to defend my towel, which looks like my family's set)
I made a cotton trivet/hotpad-looking thingy
Surfing:
Far far far too many craft and DIY sites (we're talking an unhealthy addiction, here folks - I really need to make some of this stuff)
Faire (as in the French basic verb meaning "To do"):
Cleaning my room (the eternal struggle)
Finishing my dang history textbook and moving on to the next one (submitted another lesson this weekend, woot!)
Reorganizing the linen closet and laundry room (oh the excitement - someone get me a Valium!)
Baking/Cooking (what next?...granola, I think...)
All in all, I'm doing quite well. I've settled into my job at the library, but I still enjoy it thoroughly (I know it's no great thing to point out a book or hand someone a book they're looking for, but it sure feels great - I think I'm in the right profession). Things are not all smooth, but they're definitely not all rough. All in all, life is good. Hope the same is true for you, friends!
There's no party like a Mighty Guin Party (BYOS - Bring Your Own Self),
Guin
1 comment:
first sign of an overtaxed mind: when you said surfing I immediately imagined you out in the waves on a boogie board...
Post a Comment