Friday

Guintah Continued!

Here I am in UT! It's been busy, so I took a bit of downtime today. I stayed home this morning, but I didn't get anything much done. I went shopping a bit for sundry peoples at home, a few things for meself, and then purchased a Jamba Juice beverage to slurp on the way home. All in all, I'm having an good time, but I'm struggling a bit with the emotions I pushed aside when I left. I haven't given them much thought so I was a bit surprised by them. It's one thing to say, "I'm not coming back to school." It's another to realize through experience (such as visiting as a newly-born outsider) that not only are you actually not coming back, but you also no longer fit in the place you were for three years, many of your friends are gone, and you have trouble remembering your former neighbors' names. I guess I built up my time in college and this visit in my mind too much. It's still fun, but there are unanticipated aspects to it as well.

Continued on April 1:
Now it's my Last Day in UT! Time sorta rocketed past me there. Still so much I wanted to do, but that's the way it goes. Hopefully I can still get a hold of the odd professor or two that I wanted to say hello to. And mail my stuff home. And finish my taxes, pack my boxes, finish and submit a late assignment...
Sheesh!
Guin

No comments: