Sunday

I'm sick!

Being sick used to be kinda cool. You got to stay home from school, eat ice cream and popsicles as meals, lay out on the couch (in a bed of sheets carefully constructed by a parent to provide comfort and protect the precious couch from you) and watch movies and the ponderous organism that is daytime TV. I don't know about the rest of you, but my mom approved the occasional mental health day as well - sometimes due to last minute projects, but mostly due to hard-for-me-to-handle stress (Madam Author would scoff at the things that stressed me - her highschool was a trial by fire. I'm more or less a wimp, though, so there!) In short (too late!) being sick had its charms.

Now being sick is just annoying. I can't hug anyone, I can't help around the house, I'm not allowed to go in the kitchen if I can help it (I'm too germy), I can't breathe through my nose except when I take a 99%-steam-style shower, and I want to do something worthwhile but I feel too sick-tired to do anything much. Of course, blogging while sick seemed a natural segue.

Hope all is well with folks in general. I learned yesterday that in addition to the occasional cousin, one of my aunts is a regular reader of my blog! So I'd like to give a shout out to her: hi Aunt Boo! (I'm big into internet anonymity, as you can probably tell).

Be well,
Guin *cough* *sniff*

3 comments:

Analytical Mom said...

Get better sweetie!

Sunny said...

Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is the worst!

Nikki said...

I think the whole world has been sick the whole month of February. 3 weeks of sickness at our house this month! We need some warm sunshine!