Sunday

Guintah!

Way to coin a phrase, Ish!
I am watching "Face the Nation" and wondering whether I'm glad of Mitt Romney being in the running or not. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I'm a little edgy about the changes he made to his political beliefs for the sake of his current candidacy (as opposed to his candidacy for Massachusetts governor). Sometimes it's hard to know whether an individual is helping or hurting the perception of our religion (and to be fair, I include myself in that statement).

Anyhoo, I've been gone quite a bit this weekend. I went to a family wedding last evening - my cousin (on my mother's side) got married to a lovely girl and they kindly invited us. My bro and I split the cost of a two-bed hotel room and we stayed the night on Galveston Island. The wedding was held at Moody Gardens - absolutely We didn't get a chance to see much of the island as we were trying to coordinate things with other relatives via cellphones.
Getting together with distant relatives can be a harrowing experience in some ways. This time was no exception. Sometimes it's enough to make you want to live as a hermit, let me tell you.
But the wedding was beautiful - the bride made all her own cakes. They. Were. DELICIOUS. Lemon, angel food cake, and chocolate, and the main wedding cake at the bridal party's table was a not-too-sweet white cake with strawberry filling between the layers. Absolutely splendid.

In other news, Ish has coined a new term: Guintah, to describe my next trip back to UT. I like it - it makes me sound like my own rock tour. But first (oh, abominable first) I need to finish my classes and get my internship done.

Seeing you next Guintah,
Guin

3 comments:

Analytical Mom said...

Oh! When will that be? =D UT is closer than driving to TX.

ishtheintrepid said...

Yay, I coined a phrase! Hopefully soon. The wedding sounded very appetizing.

the mighty guin said...

Canna come all that soon - I am hoping to come out for April graduation (since I hope to participate in April graduation). But at the rate I'm going, who knows.