Friday

CHEESECAKE!

Sorry for the shouty title, but that should be read whilst imagining the same epic echoing announcer-type voice that announced "PIGS IN SPACE" for the Muppet Show. Very epic. Because this was some good cheesecake.
My brother wanted multicolored cheesecake for his birthday after I showed him the famous rainbow cheesecake on Craftster, so I set about making my first ever-cheesecake. I'd always heard it was hard, but it seemed pretty straightforward, especially if you use a brownie base in a springform pan. The hardest (read: most time-consuming) part was dividing the cheesecake batter into thirds to dye it (it ended up looking kind of like citrus-blend sherbet). I will try to get a photo posted soon, but the digital camera I used doesn't like my laptop much.
In other news...

I am still slugging away at my history work. Need...to...finish...*cough, hack, death rattle*

Work is busy but fun - I got to be in another puppet show this week!

A fun fruit salad of the blues on some days and cautious optimism on others. Ah, life!

I am desperately missing my friends (yep, that's basically you readers!) and wishing I could come visit you or you could come visit me or maybe we could meet halfway in New Mexico...

Did I mention I had brownie cheesecake for breakfast today?
Guin

5 comments:

Sunny said...

We're having lasangnafor dinner on Sunday at Hillary's house. And apple crisp and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for dessert. You bring the tupperware...

the mighty guin said...

Sigh...I would if I could, but I can't so I won't...
And how come no one is coming down here to go get salt water taffy at La King's Ice Cream Emporium with me, hmmm? :)

Analytical Mom said...

Salt Water Taffy= yuck. That's why! :P

Miss you much too.

<3 Lori-Ann

BigRedHammer said...

Yes, we do miss you! I'm very interested in this multi-colored cheesecake. Is each color a different flavor too? It sounds delicious.

--Bigredhammer

ishtheintrepid said...

I would proudly sponsor a Guintah (Guin visits Utah) trip. Want me to start a fund?