Tuesday

You Dirty Rat-a-tat-tat...I Mean Ratatouille!

Ok, so my family and I went to see Ratatouille on Saturday. Definitely worth the matinée price, and likely the late night prices too! It was a scream (though I think foodies and their kind will like it most). It had all sorts of cool techniques Pixar's recently developed, like how to make fabric look wet and cling to skin (someone takes a dive into the Seine, and I do not envy them).

And who was sitting dead center, laughing along with the rest of the audience while she ate homemade pesto, French bread, brie, and M&Ms (not all mixed together - you have weird tastes, people!)?

Well, shoot, I can't tell you - that'd expose her to the theatre "No-outside-food-allowed" police. I can safely tell you that she had a great time and is not even a little bit sorry (especially since she bought both M&Ms and a delicious charity candy bar from the movie people anyway).

In other news: I am not much closer on the homework front, but I realized that, for various reasons, I may have to postpone my graduation anyway. So either way I'm ok - my current goal is to complete at least one of the classes this semester.

The weather here is pretty rotten, though it's been better today. Nothing but rain, rain, rain, overcast, and more rain. There's severe flooding north of here and the water will have to come downhill eventually, but as of this writing we're all ok here.

Our garden is doing well, especially the herbs. Let me know if you need any rosemary, oregano, thyme, or basil (especially basil). I'll send you some!

Making cookies (I promised my brother),
Guin

P.S. I forgot to mention, the job I thought was filled is still open - I was asked if I wanted to be considered for that and another position (I said yes). So things are still in the works, which is definitely good.

No comments: