Latest news!
I had a job interview for a children's reference desk at a library - exactly the job I would ask for if I had my pick! Here's hoping things work out.
There is way too much salt in my favorite vegetable lasagna, so for that and other reasons, I plan on shamelessly ripping off the basics of the recipe.
I made an eggless chocolate cake that no one really seems to like but me (along with dairy free frosting). I am not vegan, as my brother accused me of being, but just curious about stuff (if I suddenly need a chocolate cake and I discover I am out of eggs and can't get to the store, is there hope?)
My room is a wreck. Not exactly news, but it IS a fact, so there.
In other news...
Things I love about being home:
Sleeping as needed (though I never seem to sleep very solidly)
Easy access to cooking materials, tools, and appliances
My own room (no offense to former roomies, but there's something nice about having a room to oneself)
Bike trails (I just need to actually get on them - the weather has stopped being stormy and has now simply become dangerously hot)
Things I miss about school:
Relative peace and quiet (my family watches a lot more TV than I'm used to)
Being in walking distance to just about everything (things are much more spread-out here)
I worked in a library (though this might be true of home soon too!)
Roomies (having no sisters, it's nice to suddenly have 4 with whom you can talk, joke, and be generally bizarre and goofy)
Movie nights (I salute you, Chris!)
Not having to share a room with a whiny loud cat (my cat has been upset all day, who knows why)
Harry Potter 7 comes out in just a little more than a week! Woot!
I shall have to post photos of the wand I made for my Mom (but keep it on the down-low, y'all - it's a surprise! She doesn't read my blog, so I can tell you.)
Going to have cake,
Guin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would love to try your eggless cake. lol I like to try new things.
Your cat reminds me of work. We have the cat version of the penguin I gave you at Sharper Image. It has the voice of an annoyed male Siamese cat. It just sits there all day complaining. Ugh.
-Bigredhammer
lol! Yeah, my cat can imitate a kitten or he can yowl like a rusty gate. Depends on his mood.
Well, I can vouch for having the own room. :) It rocks.
Post a Comment