Wednesday

Bean Soup and Consequences

My dad made bean soup and homemade cornbread today - absolutely delicious! I don't understand why when I make bean or lentil based anything it comes out all bland (except for my cousin's lentil and rice salad, which has thus far come out tasty each time). Go figure.

In other news: I finally have all the tools and gear for my landscaping class. Woo hoo. I'm not entirely thrilled, I guess. I liked having a bit of summer for the first time in a long while. I suppose I need to break myself of that hope, since I'll be working all the time in the future. But there's a part of me that just misses it terribly and longs for a break (even though I haven't done much, I feel like I need a rest - I could give you reasons, but I won't).

Happier notes:
I've sent in the first assignment for my history class and finished sewing up all the squares for my denim quilt. Now I've finished half of the reading for my next history reading and my room is even kinda tidy today. I want to go bike riding, but I didn't take advantage the sunny day we've had this week. It's been overcast or rainy otherwise, so I'll have to wait (it's not safe to bike in a storm here).
A good solution for the blues:
Brownies. Or other suitably sweet dessert product.

Plotting baking,
Guin

2 comments:

ishtheintrepid said...

Mmmm, that does sound like a good remedy for the blues. And yeah, some people can pull off bean soup. *sigh* I'm not one of them. Well, I can make convincing vegetarian chili. :)

Analytical Mom said...

your lentil soup is awesome!

Also about work... that my friend is why you go into the education industry--to enjoy all those nice summer and holiday breaks the kids do. :D