Blogs are confusing to me. Some are fairly straightforward, with a specific topic, such as Candy Blog, which (obviously) discusses and compares candy and judges quality (and has some fabulous pictures). Others (such as not martha) cover various topics of interest to the author (and most other people - look at the no-knead bread saga for proof. not martha rocks!). Which brings me to my point (ha, yes I do have one!):
I have no idea what to post here.
I will have many ideas in the not-too-distant future (I am moving soon and this blog is an effort to keep in touch with my friends) but as it stands I haven't got a whole lot going on right now. I attend school, I work, and I'm planning a move. It's so excruciatingly exciting to write about, too.
On the upside, I used "excruciating" in a sentence and this blog gives me an opportunity to brush up on my almost non-existent HTML coding skills. Huzzah!
I'm sure I'll be more creative later, when I should be doing homework. Perhaps my bloggy friends can offer suggestions for the squirming newbie?
(interesting note: I live with a linguistics major and an English major. You get a lollipop if you can tell me how many times I've edited this dang post so far.)
Cheers,
Guin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Guin, as I have told you many times, you don't have to have something particularly pointed to say in your blog. Okay, so Kate and Scott and freakily awesome people like that are always witty and all that, but there are people like me out there. Inferiority complexes about whether or not you're posting something brilling only makes you miserable or unposty. And we don't like an unposty Guin.
No, we don't like unposty at all.
Your comment about Ish and Kate had me bursting out laughing. You're surrounded by grammatically conscious people. :P You're doomed!
I can show you some quick easy html or you can ask Kate who is closer.
You blog about whatever you're thinking about. Random, not random. Complain, or ask questions if you want to know something, and since you know people read it--we will respond.
I blog about things I read about in the news. Write about things you agree or disagree with. Write about things you would like to change. Write about your day. Write rebuttals to things you read on other blogs. Write about things you're interested in. Just think of it as a conversation. Just start with an ice breaker.
--Bigredhammer
Post a Comment